It has been a long time since I have updated our status, so here is what has happened.
To start with, we have obtained all of our windows. Well, they have all been ordered and are scheduled to arrive in a few weeks. The major project of this was the French doors. Kristen found a really cheap set of really nice doors on Craigslist, about $3,000 off the original price. The only problem was getting the doors to our house as they were about an hour away. So I borrowed our contractors (C&D) truck.
The first problem, that I guess I was a little naive about, was how much this thing weighted. It is literally about a ton. I mean, we had 3 people and we could not lift this door more than about 8". We had to lift it, put bricks under it, lift it again, ect. until we got it high enough that we could back the truck under it. Then the next problem is that a 10' x 7' door does not really fit in a truck. We had this huge door hanging off the edge and back as I slowly drove home. Kristen had to drive it into the city the next day to drop it off. Everything turned out ok, but I do not think I would do it again.
They also dug out the basement. On inauguration day, I had a group of guys come and dig. They got the floor about 8' down, so when we pave it, we should end up with about 7'6" ceilings.
I also started sanding and finishing the porch columns. I have completed one, and it is up. The other two are rough sanded so I just have to run a quick finish sanding then paint, then put up. Here is a picture of the unfinished column.
Katie has also moved in with us so, we had to clean out the extra bedroom and put all the stuff we have bought in the living room. We got ride of our couch, which helps, but we still have a lot of stuff in there.
And we have finally picked out our kitchen. We even got a deal on the island. It was a floor model. $1,000 less than new cabinets plus it came with the butcher block counter.