November 2008 Archives

Building Permit!

| | Comments (0)

Yay we finally got our building permit!

building permit smaller.jpg

Porch Floor

| | Comments (0)

I completed laying the floor for our new porch yesterday. I had to first prime all the boards which took a while. Now I just have to buy some molding and railings to put around it. Then finish the columns and we are done!

IMG_0185[1].jpg

IMG_0186[1].jpg

Restoration warehouse

| | Comments (0)

Kristen and I went to the Restoration Warehouse Sale on Sunday. We have never been there before and did not really know what to expect, but we are definitely going back to the next one in December.

They had vanities, furniture, lights, fixtures and lots of stuff at about 80% off. We could not find many things because we went on the last day of the sale and apparently, there are more things the earlier you go.

We were able to pick up a couple of faucet sets for our bathrooms. We picked up $500 sets for around $180. We almost got a vanity (although I do not know how we would have gotten it in our little car) but it was nabbed by someone first.

We got this faucet for the 2nd floor bathroom.

This one for the first floor bathroom.

And we got one similar to the 1st picture for the basement bathroom (it was used but only $50!) but it has a different faucet handle. They have the cross shape instead of the straight handles.

Pictures of the Front Porch

| | Comments (0)

Here are some more pictures of the front porch. I mostly worked on priming the deck boards so that I can lay they down this week. I still need to find (or probably make) new caps and based for the columns.

Looking down into the basement doorway.
DSCF6003.JPG

DSCF6008.JPG

DSCF6000.JPG

This is amazing Excel

| | Comments (0)

Both the Excel spreadsheet and that they are still alive!


Download at http://acdcrocks.com/excel

Our Front Porch

| | Comments (0)

So while we are waiting for our building permits (still, sigh), I am re-building our front porch.

I am surprised it was actually still standing. I spent Saturday buy the supplies and delivering them. I still need to find a good decking. We were going to go for the tongue and groove style that is painted over instead of the traditional deck. This will fit better with the other houses in the area.

I then spend Monday and Tuesday evening ripping out the old deck and supporting the roof above it. The boards that were on the deck were soooooooo rotten they basically fell apart in my hands without me having to do much. I also took down the 3 columns, which look ok but they will need new top and bottom caps because those were rotten as well. I will probably start on the actual construction tomorrow because tonight it poker :).

Here are some pictures, they are not the best because it was getting dark and my phone does not have a flash.
IMG_0184[1].jpg

Obama

| | Comments (0)

Blogs

Web Design

Toons

Games

Links

Archives

Powered by Movable Type 4.12