Day twenty to twenty-three

| | Comments (0)

Ok, so I have been a little slow at adding entries about the house. Mostly because I have been doing the same repetitive tasks over and over and over and over....

So to recap what has happened in the past week. I have completed 9 feet of the second story wall. That is 36 rows of brick. I decided to wait on the last 8 rows because I am not 100% sure that we will be able to make the 2nd story 11 feet. Also it has been freakin hot (like 95 deg) and I am working right under the metal roof which makes it even hotter.

I have about half of the basement leveled. There is about 3 days left to remove all the dirt and the old concrete slab and make the floor at least level. We then have to determine if we can dig down and make the basement ceiling higher.

So I am now working on finding brick and actually re-pointing the exposed walls. They make this new grout that comes in the tubes that caulk comes in, so that is probably the way I am going to go because it seems a lot easier than mixing and troweling the old way.

Here are a few more pictures from the basement.



Leave a comment


Web Design





Powered by Movable Type 4.12